First Congregational UCC

420 Wilson Avenue
Menomonie, WI 54751

Builder: J. W. Steere & Son, Opus 380 (1894)
Manuals: 2
Ranks: 19
Stops: 19
Action: Mechanical


Notes: The church has an Akron plan sanctuary, with a balcony extending around two walls. The organ is installed in an alcove in the corner opposite the balcony. With the exception of the Great Open Diapason and the two pedal ranks, the organ is enclosed in a general swell. The pedale action was tubular originally, but was changed to electropneumatic by Robert Dommer.  This action was restored in 2015/16 by Grandall and Engen.
The Melodia, Flute d'Amour, Stop'd Diapason and all three Bourdons are of wood. The Aeoline shares its bottom octave with the Salicional and is currently tuned sharp to function as a celeste. This organ is an almost-exact sister to the one that was visited during the 1984 OHS National Convention in Chicago and [which] was recently relocated to Luther Memorial Church in Madison, Wisconsin. The only differences appear to be that the pedal key action in the Madison organ is tracker, and the divided Bourdon is on the Great instead of the Swell.
--Information from the Organ Historical Society.
--Information and photos from Luke Tegtmeier.
Last Update: 2/2014

GREAT ORGAN
8 Open Diapason 61
8 Melodia 61
8 Dulciana 61
4 Octave 61
4 Flute d’Amour 61
2-2/3 Twelfth 61
2 Fifteenth 61
8 Clarinet tc 49

SWELL ORGAN
16 Bourdon 44
16 Bourdon 17
8 Open Diapason 61
8 Stopt Diapason 61
8 Salicional 61
8 Aeoline 49
4 Flute Harmonique 61
4 Violin 61
2 Flageolet 61
8 Oboe 49
8 Basson 12
Sw to Gt

PEDALE
16 Bourdon 27
8 Violincello 27
Gt to Ped
Sw to Ped