Congregational Church of Fairfield

Street address unknown
Fairfield, IA 52556

(Church no longer extant. See note below.)
Builder: Hook & Hastings, Op. 2053, 1905.
Manuals: 2
Ranks: Unknown
Stops: 15
Action: Electro-pneumatic

Notes: The Congregational Church was the first church to be organized in Fairfield. It was organized December 21, 1839 and in 1840 construction of a church building was begun. The church was built between the blacksmith ship and the old building used as a second hand store just west of the southwest corner of the square. The building was 22 30 with no tower or steeple. The first church bell in Fairfield was hung on a tripod in the back of the church. The first pastor was Rev. Julius A. Reed. The first Deacons were Deacon Loomis and Deacon Cole. In 1852, that building was torn down and the picture shows the present building standing.

Organ William T. Van Pelt (1991) and Historical Society as of 2013.