Parsons College

Ankeny Hall Chapel (constructed 1875)
1000 North Fourth Street
Fairfield, IA 52557

(This Austin instrument [circa 1910] was in the original college chapel (inside Ankeny Hall building).  See a separate entry for a later Moller instrument in a newly-constructed Barhydt Chapel from 1966 (separate building).
Builder: Austin Organ Co., Op. 461, circa 1910.
Manuals: 3
Ranks: 21
Action: Austin Universal Chest (c)

Notes: The Parsons College Ankeny Hall (with Chapel) was one of the original buildings on campus from 1875. The Austin organ was in this chapel (constructed around 1910). The Ankeny Hall Chapel is no longer extant and Parsons College was closed in the 1970's. The campus was purchased by Mararishi University. 

A later chapel building (Barhydt Chapel) housed a separate Moller instrument from the 1960's. The Moller instrument was moved to a new town facility called the Sondheim Center for the Performing Arts before Barhydt Chapel was razed.

Austin factory records and Organ Historical Society as of 2005.