Saint Stanislaus Koska Roman Catholic Basilica

625 East Fourth Street
Winona, MN 55987

Builder: Skinner Organ Co., Opus unknown
1935: moved by Toledo Organ Co
1980's: modified by Richard Lurth, Mankato
Manuals: 3
Ranks: 32
Action: Electro-pneumatic

Notes: According to Jim Stolpa in the “Congregation History Project”, the Organ of the Basilica was originally built by E.M. Skinner for another church. It was moved and Installed in 1935 by the Toledo Organ Company at the request of Father Cieminski, an advocate of the pipe organ for music of the Church. The three manual console by Reisner supports four divisions encompassing thirty-two ranks in three cases. The Great/Pedal case is in the northeast corner of the balcony, the Swell Organ case in the northwest corner of the balcony and the Choir division in the second balcony high above the floor of the Basilica.. In all probability the used Skinner was installed at St. Stan’s and the present instrument is the result of rebuilding. Information and photos from Sebastian Modarelli (2013).

Organ Historical Society as of 2013.


GREAT ORGAN
8 Principal
8 Doppel Flute
4 Principal
4 Harmonic Flute
2 Fifteenth
2.2/3 Sesquialtera II
    Mixture IV
16 Posaune
8 Trumpet
4 Clarion
    Tremolo
    Chimes

SWELL ORGAN
8 Stopped Diapason
8 Salcional
8 Celeste
4 Principal
4 Flute Traverso
2.2/3 Nazard
2 Flageolet
1.3/5 Tierce
1.1/3 Quint
    Mixture III
16 Fagott
8 Trompete
8 Fagot
4 Clarion
   Tremolo

CHOIR ORGAN
8 Gemshorn
8 Melodia
8 Atheria
4 Harmonic Flute
8 Clarinet
    Tremolo

PEDAL ORGAN
32 Resultant
16 Double Open Diapason
16 Bourdon
16 Lieblich Gedeckt
8 Principal
8 Flöte
4 Octave
    Mixture IV
32 Harmonics (derived)
16 Posaune
16 Fagot
8 Trumpet
4 Clarion