Esther [Union] Lutheran Church (ELCA)

11019 625th Avenue (country Township location outside Parkers Prairie, MN)
Parkers Prairie, MN 56361

(See notes below about a fire in 1920. The Moller organ may have been destroyed in the fire. Or, it may have been "in process" and was installed in the 1921 building.)
Builder: M.P. Möller Organ Co., Op. 2840, 1919.
Manuals: 2
Ranks: Unknown
Stops: 15
Action: Unknown


The Esther Lutheran congregation was organized on January 18th, 1893, at the home of David Nelson at which Pastor Louis Johnson presided. Pastor Johnson became the first pastor and he also served First Evangelical Lutheran Church (in town) Parkers Prairie, a 2-point parish.

The first church building was completed in 1897. The present structure was completed in 1921, following a fire (in 1920, started by lightning), which destroyed the first building. The photo looks like an early instrument and must have been installed in 1921.

Factory records and Organ Historical Society as of 2009.